Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

Brandi Carlile Finishes Fourth Album Before Ray LaMontagne Tour

3 participantes

Ir para baixo

Brandi Carlile Finishes Fourth Album Before Ray LaMontagne Tour Empty Brandi Carlile Finishes Fourth Album Before Ray LaMontagne Tour

Mensagem por BlueSkydream Sáb 14 maio - 8:03

Brandi Carlile Finishes Fourth Album Before Ray LaMontagne Tour

by Gary Graff, Detroit | Maio 10, 2011 4:29 EDT

In the wake of her relatively formal and staid orchestral concert album, Brandi Carlile promises that her upcoming fourth studio album "sounds like a band that's absolutely pent up and totally overflowing with rock 'n' roll and couldn't wait to get in the studio and do these songs."

Carlile -- who released "Live at Benaroya Hall with the Seattle Symphony" on May 3 -- tells Billboard.com that she and her band recorded 18 songs in a barn studio in Bear Creek, Wash., during March and early April with Trina Shoemaker, whose voluminous producing and engineering credits include Emmylou Harris, Sheryl Crow, Pearl Jam and Queens of the Stone Age. Unlike other albums, Carlile says the new songs "aren't road-tested, so they're full of a lot of angst and a lot of questioning, uncertainty, which I think any band needs at some point. Your brain won't go into auto-pilot road because you're not really sure or too locked into them yet."

Carlile expects to preview some of the new songs, including "That Wasn't Me" and "Rattled," when she tours this summer with Ray LaMontagne. "I have no self-control," she says with a laugh. The album's release date is "totally up to the record label (Columbia) at this point," and the title is still up in the air, although Carlile says that she'd "love to go the way of Elton John and name the record after the studio. It would be one thing if the studio was called something stupid, but Bear Creek is pretty cool."

Until the album comes out, however, Carlile's fans will have to make due with "Live at Benaroya Hall," which was recorded over two nights last November with arrangements by Sean O'Loughlin and Paul Buckmaster. In addition to Carlile's own songs, the 12-song set includes her renditions of John's "Sixty Years On" with the original Buckmaster arrangement, Simon & Garfunkel's "The Sound of Silence" and Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah."

"I always wanted my fourth record to be a live album even before we ever had a record out on a major label," Carlile explains. "I just thought it would be a cool way to wrap up three records. "I thought we would probably just go on tour and record the whole tour and do a compilation from it... but when the idea first came about to make symphony charts and perform with an orchestra, right around the third song of the first show I said, 'This is what I want to do for the live album.' It's pretty amazing -- and even more amazing when I'm on stage in the middle of it."

Carlile, who's back on the road for some headlining shows before hooking up with LaMontagne on May 25, also recently recorded backing vocals for Indigo Girl Amy Ray's next solo album, and she's been working on music for a Warner Bros. film that she can't yet reveal. "I love writing for television and movies," Carlile says. "Focused writing is something I'm really into these days." She's also been working with some other artists but categorizes that as "more s*** I can't reveal."

http://www.billboard.com/news/brandi-carlile-finishes-fourth-album-before-1005176952.story#/news/brandi-carlile-finishes-fourth-album-before-1005176952.story
BlueSkydream
BlueSkydream

Ir para o topo Ir para baixo

Brandi Carlile Finishes Fourth Album Before Ray LaMontagne Tour Empty Re: Brandi Carlile Finishes Fourth Album Before Ray LaMontagne Tour

Mensagem por Xena Dom 15 maio - 19:25

Ele k saia!! xD
Xena
Xena

Brandi Carlile Finishes Fourth Album Before Ray LaMontagne Tour Empty Re: Brandi Carlile Finishes Fourth Album Before Ray LaMontagne Tour

Mensagem por Xena Sáb 21 maio - 23:48

Aki estão 2 previews mais do que vem ai!!
O Rattle My Bonnes andava doida pa encontrar tb!!

Xena
Xena

Mensagem por Mapacafe Dom 22 maio - 11:42

A Promise to keep já tem uns aninhos Smile a rattle my bones sim é novinha Smile))
Mapacafe
Mapacafe

Mensagem por Xena Seg 23 maio - 0:53

Ya ya ja tinha visto 1 video do ano passado acho onde a tocavam, mas vai estar no proximo album. Temos k tar atentas ai youtubi :p e ver os novos videos k andam os sortudos a postar, a ver se temos mais previews do k ai vem Smile
Xena
Xena

Mensagem por BlueSkydream Ter 24 maio - 20:57

"A Promise to Keep" saiu em vinil no ano 2009 como demo, "Downpour (Live from Boston)" é a outra música que faz parte do LP.

Brandi Carlile Finishes Fourth Album Before Ray LaMontagne Tour 886974993070

Este vinil traz-me boas recordações, comprei-o no concerto da Brandi no Coliseu do Porto! Está assinado pela Brandi, Phil, Tim, Josh e o Jon. Smile

sing va190 va18
BlueSkydream
BlueSkydream

Mensagem por Mapacafe Ter 24 maio - 23:14

Grande concerto, sim senhora Smile e depois tê-los conhecido foi fantástico, os meus autógrafos estão no bilhete, pena na minha foto com ela eu estar péssima ehehe
Mapacafe
Mapacafe

Mensagem por Xena Qua 25 maio - 2:12

Vcs 2 tao a ver a inveja k eu tenho de voces ne???
Xena
Xena

Mensagem por Conteúdo patrocinado

Conteúdo patrocinado

Ir para o topo