Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

Brandi Carlile - Carlile 'Devastated' By Lilith Fair

Ir para baixo

Brandi Carlile - Carlile 'Devastated' By Lilith Fair  Empty Brandi Carlile - Carlile 'Devastated' By Lilith Fair

Mensagem por BlueSkydream Sex 27 Ago - 3:17

Brandi Carlile - Carlile 'Devastated' By Lilith Fair Cancellations

Singer BRANDI CARLILE was devastated after several dates on the ill-fated Lilith Fair tour were scrapped - because poor ticket sales meant she could only perform twice on the summer (10) trek.

The Story hitmaker was delighted after her idol, Lilith Fair co-founder Sarah MCLachlan, invited her to join the bill with artists including Norah Jones, Carly Simon, Kelly Clarkson and the Go-Go's.

But organisers were forced to call off a handful of summer dates when they couldn't shift tickets - and Carlile admits she was heartbroken after only completing two dates.

She tells Spinner.com, "It was a huge bummer. It was so sad. It was devastating.

"I'm not really very business-savvy, so I couldn't really speak to (what went wrong). I have to say that universally - and not targeting any particular festival or concert - I think that the way to deal with the economic climate right now is for artists to keep their ticket prices low. Music is the one thing everybody should have a right to, and it needs to be accessible to people that don't have all the money in the world."

But Carlile is confident MCLachlan will manage to resurrect the concerts next summer.

She adds, "I have to say, the (shows) that I did attend, I got this feeling that they're not gonna give up. That they're gonna give it another shot, that they're gonna do it a little differently and that we won't be talking about this in the same context next year."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/carlile-devastated-by-lilith-fair-cancellations_1161371
BlueSkydream
BlueSkydream

Ir para o topo Ir para baixo

Ir para o topo