Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

Tour Update

2 participantes

Ir para baixo

Tour Update Empty Tour Update

Mensagem por Xena Seg 23 maio - 0:59

Novo Update da Brandi no facebook Smile

Brandi's Tour Update.

por Brandi Carlile a Segunda-feira, 23 de Maio de 2011 às 1:43

hey everyone!

well I told you i'd TRY to be consistent, haha. since i last updated you we:

played Vegas - killer show. basically a big party at the hard rock cafe!

played Tucson - which will always be among my favorite cities and shows...just a rad night with that amazing Arizona crowd. I stuck around to sign outside, and there was a huge mural of me painted on the side of the building so I took a picture for my mom!

I stayed the night in my beloved Tucson, and then i flew to Texas to see my friend, Miranda, get married and sing her parents down the aisle. the twins and i sang "the story" and then sat and watched one of the most moving weddings I've seen (besides Tiffany and Jay's!!). afterwards we attended the wildest country party reception I've ever heard of! I must have had a few too many drinks (I think they were called skinny bitches, and Miranda's mom kept giving them to me) because my night ended with me karaoke singing the song "fancy" WHILE looking AT Reba McIntyre!! what the hell??? that was brave! I love Reba, and I think she got a kick out of it! everybody was singing, Kelly Clarkson, Neal McCoy, Reba herself (LOVE), and even Martina McBride...not to mention the bride and groom. I will never turn down a party invitation from them again...as long as Bev Lambert is mixing up "skinny bitches!" after the weekend's festivities we really needed a break so we played golf in San Antonio and went out for steaks!

we picked it right back up with two wild shows in Texas!

one in Dallas at the Granada -- packed house with an incredible audience. nothing short of a magical show! so many people brought us moonshine and jars of pickles. our friend even brought us a chocolate cake! Allison's drum solo was like five minutes long! "dying day" went really well here despite the size and fullness of the room...it's all about the people. they make or break that song. awesome night!

we also played one of my favorite venues in life, gruene hall. first of all, i love gruene. second of all, the hall is extraordinarily cool and legendary. many of the country greats, including johnny cash, played that dance hall to packed houses of music lovers! we stayed at the beautiful gruene mansion inn which is actually an old mansion right on the guadalupe river...so naturally we started our day by jumping in and going for a band swim.

we then all ate dinner at the grist mill with Miranda's family and proceeded to play easily the wildest show of the tour (dallas was probably second). it was just a blast! of course we played folsom prison blues just to honor the space, but we also played our ballads and I did "same 'ol you" for the Lamberts. we signed cds outside in the grass with the fire flies and the cute cops. thanks gruene. loved it!

we then took two days off and went to new orleans! two days of beignets, cajun food, walks along the river, and even another game of golf with the band!

today i woke up totally confused to see the ocean. i rubbed my eyes, and it was still there...i looked at my phone and realized that i was in gulf shores, alabama, and my bus had parked so that ALL I could see was the ocean! i stepped outside and quickly saw the enormous stage the size of a city block directly behind the bus haha! it was a weird morning but so incredibly gorgeous

we had a great day. we played with grace potter (who sang the shit out of "crazy on you") and my morning jacket which blew my mind. i've seen them before, but something about tonight was special. they were on fire. i adore Jim James and think he is one of the coolest young men in my generation making music. it's been such a joy getting to know him over the years.

our set was a blast with the best "forever young" sing along ever, and at one point when I was singing "what can I say," i was taken aback by the fact that thousands of people standing on a beach were sincerely listening to me -- not playing volleyball or talking with their friends but actually listening. it was really cool.

after spending all this time in the south in may i'm so in love with it. i think to quote Emily Saliers, "there is something about the south land in the springtime."

tonight i'm thinking this: i miss my dog and Caroline and JJay, i wish the bus had cookies or something like that, being on the road is a gift, and that my prayers are with all the followers of family radio and all of the people made uneasy by them... that they may find peace in tomorrow and may 22nd

xobc
Xena
Xena

Ir para o topo Ir para baixo

Tour Update Empty Re: Tour Update

Mensagem por BlueSkydream Seg 23 maio - 3:20

Xena, movi este tópico para aqui porque não estava no fórum apropriado...
Wink
É para termos o fórum um bocado mais organizado, seguindo os fóruns que existem.
BlueSkydream
BlueSkydream

Mensagem por Xena Seg 23 maio - 23:33

yah yah tase bem. Desculpa e k eu as xs percome onde e k devo por os topicos Smile
Xena
Xena

Mensagem por Conteúdo patrocinado

Conteúdo patrocinado

Ir para o topo