Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

Quotes by Brandi Carlile

Ir para baixo

Quotes by Brandi Carlile Empty Quotes by Brandi Carlile

Mensagem por BlueSkydream Sex 30 Out - 16:04

Quotes by Brandi Carlile

"I know about 75 percent of the people in here," joked Brandi Carlile to a capacity crowd in Benaroya Hall Saturday night.

Nov 30, 2008 Seattle Times
_

Brandi explains how they became working partners: "Right place, right time, I suppose. We both had a love of classic country music and recording songs live. He saw me live and my manager set-up a meeting to see if we could work together."

Jul 25, 2008 ChronicleLive

_

"I guarantee that you guys are the funnest audience ever to set foot in this hall," singer Brandi Carlile said midway through her Benaroya Hall appearance with the Seattle Symphony. "And that has nothing to do with the fact that most of you own livestock."

Nov 30, 2008 Seattle Post Intelligencer

_

"We have jazz standards and folk standards that have been passed down to generations," said Carlile. "We don't have that in rock 'n' roll right now. So it's kind of exciting to think of a song like 'Hallelujah' being sung 200 years."

Mar 18, 2008 Chicago Tribune
Mar 13, 2008 Boston Globe (registration)

_

"Patsy Cline had a really gutsy, powerful voice," said Carlile. "I identify with that. I've gone through all sorts of vocal phases, from pop to blues to R&B, but no matter what I do, I just can't get the country and western out of my voice."

May 6, 2007 MLive.com

_

"It's all I can think about, trying to come up with more stuff to sing with them," says Brandi Carlile, who credits the folk-rock duo with inspiring her to pick up a guitar a decade ago. "There's not one of their songs I don't know every part to."

Jun 6, 2007 San Jose Mercury News

_

Stepping in front of the microphones, the trio regaled the hushed crowd with a "totally unplugged" version of "Days": "I knew my big mouth would pay off eventually," Carlile said.

Nov 30, 2008 Seattle Post Intelligencer

_

Singer Brandi Carlile calls "Hallelujah" the "best song ever written."

Mar 18, 2008 Chicago Tribune
BlueSkydream
BlueSkydream

Ir para o topo Ir para baixo

Quotes by Brandi Carlile Empty Re: Quotes by Brandi Carlile

Mensagem por BlueSkydream Sex 30 Out - 16:05

Quotes by Brandi Carlile

"He comes in and he changes the way you feel about performing," Carlile says of the producer. "He had us playing different instruments. I was already doing what we did live on the record. I wanted to really let loose this time."

Sep 27, 2007 Baltimore Sun

_

"I'm sort of a glutton for punishment," says Carlile, who's based in Seattle. "It's my artistic road map. It's easier for me to write a song about my problems than talking about them."

_

"When I first heard it, I almost started laughing," says Carlile.

Jul 6, 2007 Boston Globe (registration)

_

"Every band has to have a good set of twins," says Carlile.

_

"It was really fun," Carlile said of her national TV gigs. "Jay Leno is really nice; he comes around to the dressing room before the show and says hi ... . Conan O'Brien comes to Seattle a lot, 'cause his wife is from here, so I got to talk to him about Seattle."

Jun 1, 2007 Seattle Times

_

"I was excited about that," Carlile says. "I love the show. Even on the road, I catch it." "I feel like it's truer. The first record was recorded live, but it wasn't as real as this one."

_

"That's the way it has to be. I like it that way, the chance to grow in this business," says Carlile, who last week was performing in Dallas. "But I don't know. Don't want to speak too soon, you know."

_

"It's funny, because actually I knew this would happen," says Carlile. "My first couple of records and my first catalog of songs would be about my life experiences up until being signed and being on the road, and then my record afterwards would be all songs about being on the road. That's what I'm really trying to avoid, just because I want to be able to take myself out of the smallness of my own reality and apply myself in another way."

_

"I want to thank you so much for listening. I never listened to the opening act -- until I became one," Carlile told the audience just before concluding her 10-song, 43-minute opening set with a luminous solo version of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah."

Jun 5, 2007 San Diego Union Tribune

_

"I haven't seen it on VH-1 yet, but I'm sure I'll freak out when I do," Carlile said.

Jun 1, 2007 Seattle Times
BlueSkydream
BlueSkydream

Mensagem por BlueSkydream Sex 30 Out - 16:07

Quotes by Brandi Carlile

"We're through-the-roof excited about it," Carlile said of Burnett.

Aug 2, 2006 Seattle Post Intelligencer

_

"This is so cool," Carlile told the enormous crowd. "I've seen so many shows here. I never thought I'd be playing one."

Aug 2, 2006 Seattle Post Intelligencer

_

"I consider this the first record in many ways," Carlile said of her new album, "The Story," released this week on Columbia Records featuring A-list producer T-Bone Burnett.

Apr 2, 2007 Reuters Canada

_

"When you record to tape, it forces you not to dwell on small
imperfections and keep a lot of the things you would usually edit out ...
like a weird breath or a strangely sharp note,"
Carlile explains. "When I
listen back and hear those things now, I'm glad we didn't take them out
because they give this album a real human character."

Jan 11, 2007 PR Newswire (press release)

_

"I also had some Lincoln Logs to play with as a kid," Carlile, 26, says. "And I thought that they might make a pretty good house some day. So in addition to my big-city thoughts, it's also been my dream since then to have my own log house. And they're actually all over the place up there."

Aug 31, 2007 Inside Bay Area

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4176/is_20070831/ai_n19503221/?tag=untagged

_

"I was excited about that," Carlile says. "I love the show. Even on the road, I catch it." "I feel like it's truer. The first record was recorded live, but it wasn't as real as this one."

_

"We had these songs for this record long before we recorded the last record. We were saving them for our big record," said Carlile, who has a rootsy voice that belies her slight frame and has drawn comparisons to Bonnie Raitt and kd lang.

Apr 2, 2007 Reuters Canada

_

"The new songs may surprise people who only know us through the first album," Brandi says. "If you've seen us play, you'll realize this is the direction we've been heading in the whole time."

Jan 11, 2007 PR Newswire (press release)

_

"Like 'The Story,' some of the songs have been around," Carlile told the publication about writing material for the new album. "I tend to feel really protective of songs, and if they aren't sitting well in a record, I'll pull them tight to my chest until I feel it's a better time. Some of the songs we have been playing on the road for a couple of years as we tend to cultivate our songs on stage."

Apr 3, 2009 LiveDaily.com

_

“I feel like this is a great third record for us,” Carlile said. “The first record was sort of limited material, limited funds, limited space. We did a lot of work in my living room and there are a lot of songs that didn’t have drums simply because we didn’t have room to mic them. The second album was sort of this sonic landscape with producer T-Bone Burnett, where we recorded everything live in one room and [with] one group of people.

Mar 31, 2009 Youngstown Vindicator
BlueSkydream
BlueSkydream

Mensagem por BlueSkydream Sex 30 Out - 16:10

"As soon as my parents would leave the house I would go in my room and put on her records and just sing loud, just trying to hit all the notes that she could sing," said Carlile, sitting for an interview inside her tour bus before performing a...

Oct 17, 2009 Los Angeles Times

____

"I've been listening to country and western music my whole life and I was totally immersed in Grand Ole Opry culture, wherein the entertainers are usually not the ones who wrote the music," she said. "But when I was 11 and discovered Elton...

Oct 13, 2009 groovevolt.com

____

"This (project) is about transcendence," Carlile says. "It's the deepest album I've done, but I think it's normal for an artist to be deeper a couple albums in. Most performers' first albums are about heartbreak and the second one is about...

Oct 6, 2009 phillyBurbs.com

____

"My music has given me a platform to help people," says Carlile.

Oct 3, 2009 Montgomery Newspapers

____

"If T Bone [Burnett, who produced 'The Story'] is in a pocket, it's because that's what he gravitates towards," she said. "If Rick's in a pocket, it's because that's what he makes happen. T Bone will find bands for whom he can just be...

Oct 17, 2009 Los Angeles Times

____

Carlile explained the title in an article that appeared in Paste magazine: "To give up the ghost is not just to die since we do it a handful of times throughout our lives," she said. "It's a sort of leaving yourself behind, or what you knew...

Sep 30, 2009The Sophian
_____

"I write a lot about my dreams. I found that for a first album, you tend to have a lot of material but the following albums are all about being on the road. I spent a lot of time soul-searching because I didn't want to just write about being on the...

Oct 3, 2009 Montgomery Newspapers
BlueSkydream
BlueSkydream

Mensagem por Conteúdo patrocinado

Conteúdo patrocinado

Ir para o topo