Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

"...planning European dates." - Billboard

2 participantes

Ir para baixo

"...planning European dates." - Billboard Empty "...planning European dates." - Billboard

Mensagem por BlueSkydream Qua 16 Set - 8:29

Billboard.com

by Gary Graff, Detroit | September 15, 2009 11:44

"...planning European dates." - Billboard 101819-brandi_carlile_617_409

Brandi Carlile Taps Elton John, Chad Smith For New Album

Singer-songwriter Brandi Carlile's third album, "Give Up the Ghost," is a dream -- or dreams -- come true, in more ways than one.

The songs themselves, Carlile tells Billboard.com, were inspired by "really vivid, poignant dreams" that she'd log in a journal when she woke up and subsequently turn into songs. "Your subconscious tells you so many more interesting things than what you conscious mind tells you day to day," she contends.

Then there's the Oct. 6 album's guest list, which Carlile says went beyond even her wildest dreams.

The big catch was Elton John, who joined Carlile on the track "Caroline." "He's my greatest influence since I was really young, about 11 years old," says Carlile, who also used John associate Paul Buckmaster for string arrangements on the album. " 'Tumbleweed Connection' is maybe my favorite record of all time, that or 'Captain Fantastic...' We felt like 'Caroline' had the same funky piano vibe that he had all the way through 'Tumbleweed Connection.' We went through the channels; I knew the worse he could do was say no. He didn't say no. He said yes.

"He responded directly to me, called me on the phone one morning. I was just like, 'Man, this guy, he is just no bullshit. He is so cool...' He was unbelievably funny and warm and stuck around for a long time after he was finished and schooled me on new music that was coming around the band. I've never been so inspired."

Carlile also tapped Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith and Benmont Tench from Tom Petty's Heartbreakers for the "...Ghost" sessions, and she shared the vocal mic with Indigo Girls' Amy Ray, who Carlile calls "my dearest friend," on the song "Looking Out."

"She actually sang the background vocal live in the booth with me, which was really cool," Carlile says. "A couple times she laughed at me really hard when I missed some notes. It was really fun."

Carlile is promoting the album with her Give Up the Ghost Traveling Show, which runs through Oct. 24. She'll perform on the Cayamo: A Journey Through Song cruise in February and is also planning European dates.

http://www.billboard.com/#/news/brandi-carlile-taps-elton-john-chad-smith-1004012154.story
BlueSkydream
BlueSkydream

Ir para o topo Ir para baixo

"...planning European dates." - Billboard Empty Re: "...planning European dates." - Billboard

Mensagem por Mapacafe Qua 16 Set - 12:05

Espero que os planos para as datas na Europa, sejam rápidos e ainda para 2009 Very Happy
Novembro é um bom mês... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Mapacafe
Mapacafe

"...planning European dates." - Billboard Empty Re: "...planning European dates." - Billboard

Mensagem por BlueSkydream Qua 16 Set - 12:50

... e Dezembro também... Rolling Eyes

tongue
BlueSkydream
BlueSkydream

Mensagem por Conteúdo patrocinado

Conteúdo patrocinado

Ir para o topo